Who are we
We are proudly backed by Revel Partners and Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
At Placements, you will make our users happy (*) by automating and improving the tedious parts of their job. You'll touch all facets of our product as we build out the next iteration of our core webapp and integration platform. You'll design features along with our founder and the rest of our dev team, and you'll be responsible for their development through to production. You'll enjoy significant ownership of and responsibility for what you work on, every day. And you'll have a life. We respect your time and rarely work outside of normal business hours.
Best of all, you'll work with a small, smart, and driven team that's not afraid to experiment with new technologies in order to accomplish our mission.
*seriously, they get pretty happy.
- Understanding of visual design capabilities, including composition, layout information hierarchy, typography and color.
- Experience with not only the design but the usability and interaction journey of our users. Candidates must be able to understand our users and any design must solve a functional problem. This must be demonstrated through the ability to create customer journey maps.
- Must be fluent in the Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Fireworks.
- A portfolio demonstrating breadth, visual creativity and proven experience in telling stories, building visual systems, generating iterative based designs, and delivering comprehensive specifications.
- PLUS - Ruby on Rails would be nice.
- Strong preference for a M.S. graduate from a reputable HCI program such as Carnegie Mellon, GIT, Michigan, UW, MIT, Cal or Parsons.
- Open PTO Policy
- Generous Stock Options
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Package
- 401K with Company Matching
- Gym Membership
- Korean BBQ Celebrations After Major Releases