Director of Account Management, NYC or Seattle
Placements.io is a modern order management platform for sellers of digital advertising. Our platform manages orders, inventory, billing, and integrations for direct and programmatic channels. Our marquee customers drive more revenue and reduce their costs of operations. Placements.io is trusted by companies such as Cargurus.com, eBay, NineMSN, SkyScanner, UnderArmour Connected Fitness and Zillow.com to manage nearly a billion dollars in revenue as they build the future of their business on our platform.
We are proudly backed by Revel Partners and Paul Allen's Vulcan Capital.
At Placements.io, you'll play a critical role as the face of the company and the customer advocate. As the Director of AM, you will be responsible for executing our engagements with our customers. You will ensure the client receives maximum value from their engagements with Placements.io. We define engagement as any level of client contact including on-boarding, day-to-day support, billing, and/or customer training/adoption.
In this role, you will ultimately be accountable for customer retention and additional revenue potential (cross-sell and upsell). You will work very closely with our sales, professional services and technical support to service our customers. You will play a large role in growing our existing accounts by working with our sales team to develop a steady pipeline of opportunities within your customer ecosystem. You will also help develop the Placements.io impeccable brand of unmatched client satisfaction and support through lighting quick responses and meaningful solutions. It's critical for our customers to be heard and supported.
You'll enjoy significant ownership and responsibility for what you work on, every day. The role will be very entrepreneurial as you'll grow and define your department. We will give you the opportunity to lead with your own style of recruiting, training, retention and management. Lastly, but most important - you'll have a life. We respect your time and rarely work outside of normal business hours.
- Become an expert in Placements.io solutions for businesses of all sizes and adapt recommendations quickly to suit varying client needs
- Provide dedicated account management to mid-market and enterprise clients
- Work cross-functionally within sales and other functions to drive revenue and increase customer satisfaction
- Manage all post-sales activity for Placements.io customers through strong relationship-building, product knowledge, planning and execution
- Maintain a deep understanding of all Placements.io products and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
- Increase customer retention by conducting regular check-in calls for tactical items, and perform quarterly health checks for strategic reviews
- You will help generate new/expansion business by utilizing your existing relationships with your customers to build a pipeline of opportunities.
- Work directly with the Sales, Professional Services, and Technical Support teams to ensure we are providing the very best support to our customers
- 10+ Years in a Account Management, Management Systems Consulting, Customer Success, or Technical Support
- Proven Experience in Growing Accounts Consistently
- Enterprise Software Implementation Experience from Requirements to Go-Live
- Incredible Attention to Detail
- Project Management Experience with Large Organizations
- Strong Sense of Estimation and Time Management
- Strong Presentation and Client Communication Skills
- Ability to Travel Internationally (~20%) and Work International Hours on Occassion
- Ideally CRM and/or Digital Media Experience with one or more of the following:
- Google Doubleclick
- AppNexus Console
- Open PTO
- Generous Stock Options
- Substantial Ownership in Your Role/Department
- Full Medical/Dental/Vision/Life
- Gym Membership
- Commuter Benefits
- Company Matching 401K
- Annual Company Offsite in Tropical Location (*If company meets milestones)